I am a French artist living in Sydney Australia, most of my friends and family call me Katouch. I have a studio in Frenchs Forest. You can see my latest creations on this website. I’ve exhibited in France and throughout Europe including the Royal Academy in the UK.
I had my own galleries and studios in the artist’s quarters of Pezenas in Herault and Joyeuse in Ardeche. I was sculptor in residence of the town of Beziers in the villa Injalbert. During the last 30 years I’ve been busy preparing works for exhibitions of my sculptures and paintings. Since arriving in Australia I’ve created many watercolour and oil paintings, inspired by the beautiful, colourful and exuberant nature here.
About Catherine’s Art
Catherine Potron’s creations opens the spirit to a world where the tender pastel meets the glow of the tints, in a refinement which seduces the sensitivity of the heart.
Each piece expresses in its very own way, the deep peace reigning in the soul of this artist.
Catherine has created since her tender youth, a human and artistic experience, transmitted in each touch of colour in a poetic style.
Caressing with a look, Catherine’s artwork is like making a gift to yourself to see a sensitive painting with traits of lightness. This unique expression transports us in total liberty to imaginary, joyful, impassioned lands.
There is always a surprise in the observation of Catherine Potron’s work, a detail which in the depths of colours, appears unexpected and illuminates the visage with a gentle smile.
All of a sudden, the evidence appears. The beauty offered to the eyes make its way to the heart which becomes more beautiful.
A dream like voyage opens in the pigmented poems that Catherine generously shares with us. – Janet Besançon, Translation: Alan Marsh
- 1971 CAFAS Beaux Arts Reims
- 1973 Diplôme national des Beaux Arts (Céramique)
- 1996-1998 Sculpteur résident de la ville de Béziers
- Dec 2015: North gallery Sydney collective
- June 2015: Chateau Thalluyers near Lyon France permanent exhibition
- 2013: Cellier Lou Bassaquet Mont St Victoire in Provence
- 2005: Chateau de Vogue Ardeche
- 2004: Musée Paul Charnoz Paray-le Monial
- 2003: Galerie Artop Lille: 2003 Buis les Baronnies
- 2002: 5ème Biennale des métiers d’Art,2002 Ecuries Saint Hugues Cluny, Villeurbanne, Galerie Thuillier Paris
- 2001: Biennale de Céramique Villeurbanne, Grotte du Roure Banne 07,
- 2001: Galerie de la perle noire Agde, Galerie des Arts Trigance (gorges du Verdon) Espace Envol Privas, Ardèche
- 2000: Château d’Aubenas Ardèche, 2000 Le Pech Bleu Béziers, Royal Academy London.
- 1999: Galerie Casa Dei La chaise Dieu Prieuré de Faugères 07, Sidi Bou Said Tunisie
- 1998: Le Casino Palavas 34,
- 1996: Galerie Peter Pich Krailling Allemagne Galerie Projection Bruxelles
- 1992 /1999: Galerie Catherine Potron Pezenas.